1. AATM is hoping to work with international organizations like WHO regional offices, SAARC and ASEAN in conducting manpower development program, technical up-gradation, advocacy campaign to propagate message of voluntary blood donation and safe blood transfusion.
2. Regular organization of CME, workshop and seminars, especially on quality management program (QMP), through local chapters of Association for development manpower and quality standard at grass root level.
3. To develop a Regional External Quality Assessment System among member countries with the help of international agencies.
4. To offer consultancy to local governments in improving the technical up-gradation and implementation of quality standard of BTS.
5. To start accreditation program of BTS in member countries with the help of international organizations to bring uniform safety standard for safe blood transfusion.
AATM is committed to establish inter organizational relationship among various scientific Societies / Associations related to Transfusion Medicine in South Asian countries and with various national governments, government organizations like SAARC, ASEAN etc. for the development of the standards of Blood Transfusion Services in member countries.
AATM intends to initiate a close liasion with International agencies like World Health Organization, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Cresent Society etc. and professional bodies like International Society of Blood Transfusion, American Association of Blood Banks etc. To promote the standard of Blood Transfusion Services in this part of the world and to transmit the benefits to member countries.
AATM is taking an active interest in continuing education and training (CME) to keep abreast with recent developments for AATM members and workers in Blood Transfusion Services of member countries.